Friday, February 26, 2010

Get Your Dick Back

It has been a little while since my last post. I'm sorry for that. I have been doing well but life has grown a little boring over the past few days. I have been sleeping a lot, hiding from my wife and my duties. I have started writing a novel and I am trying to quit smoking.

A few years ago I ordered a series of novels from Easton Press. If you know what Easton Press is you will know they produce classic novels in a leather bound form, very nice. Each book ran me 50 bucks and they were nice to look at all stacked side by side on my shelf, the shining spines glittering in the pale lamp light (oh umm excuse me, I like books, sorry).

The problem? I wasn't reading any of them. so, to correct this I started reading Moby Dick a few days ago. If you haven't read Moby Dick before, well there's nothing wrong with you really. I am kind of concerned about the survival of literature, more specifically that written prior to the 1940s, classics. Like Moby Dick, Grapes of Wrath, Mice and Men, ect ect. The writing style of popular fiction today isn't any where near as poetic or masterfully written as those classics. No one really has the patience for three page long paragraphs. This is the age of T.V. and Video games. If you get bored with a book there are so many other things to do to tickle your brain.

BAH! Anyhow, I step off the soap box and say, 'Hello, it's been a while. I'm back!' PEACE.

-Nosmo

2 comments:

  1. Hi nice to see you back
    take it easy take all the time you need :-)

    Enjoy your weekend ...

    Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya :-)

    ReplyDelete