Saturday, February 27, 2010

TSUNAMI



UPDATE 2: Wow. Are Tsunamies boring or what? I'm falling asleep watching this thing.

UPDATE: Well, they are closing down all the stores on the island at 10 am. That's in 5 mins. I got the necessities: wine, smokes, pretzels, chocolate, batteries. At least 90% of the gas stations on the isle are out of gas. I can't figure why anyone would be concerned about gas during a natural disaster here in Hawaii, where you going to drive to really. But I filled up my tank just yesterday so if for some reason there is a good reason to have gas in my car, it's there.

I hope the power goes out then I'll have an excuse to read! Moby Dick is calling me.

Alas, I would like to take a moment to pray for those victims of the quake in Chile. 145 dead so far. God keep them. I guess the quake lasted 3 minutes. Gosh, that's a long time really if you think about it.


A massive 8.8 earthquake hit Santiago Chile this morning and started a tidal wave that's headed for Hawaii. Experts say it's going to hit at 11am. Interesting. Wait! I live in Hawaii! Oh well, good thing I don't live near the beach. They say it will be fast but short, like 8 feet tall, dressed in a black trench coat and RayBan sunglasses, sipping a pinacolada.

It seems so strange that this happened so soon after the Haiti incident. From what I am reading the death toll and damage in Chile is nothing near what transpired in Haiti but still! God can we get a break here, maybe a couple of years off?

-Nosmo

5 comments:

  1. My thoughts go out to you, and that you all come through this safely.
    Yes, we heard early this morning what had happened in Chile. Nature is such a mighty force!
    So, stay safe, read Moby Dick, and I hope to chat with you soon!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty safe where I am at. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe.

    My grandfather was a fire chief and he said that nothing was as scary as weather. It is just about the only thing we have absolutely no control of.

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a very boring area. Worst we get is a rare tornado. And snowstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tidal waves are boring until they subsume you. The they become for a small time, interesting.

    ReplyDelete