Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why I Can't

There is a rift now,
Between me and common man,
"Blah, blah, blah!"
Your robot brain spews garbage.
They told you what to think.
I pity you for what you are.
I envy you for what you are.
Plug in. Become one of us.
There is peace here. There is forgetfulness and contentment.
There is acceptance and 'We have cookies!'
Stroke your ego; don't step out of line.
"Blah, blah, blah!" the weather is nice.
"Blah, blah, blah!" another BBQ, another 'Super Bowl Sunday!'
You think, 'I am unique. Just like everyone else.'
I pity you; I envy you.
You are defined by things, positions and your witty jokes at cocktail parties.
I pity you like Noah pitied the masses that mocked his ark.
"Blah, blah, blah!" your stocks are doing great!
You. You. You. Program. Computer. Robot. Man. Pity. Envy.

-Nosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment