Monday, August 9, 2010

Here I Am

I have been spending a lot of time writing, reading and gaming (alright, mostly gaming) and its all been a truck load of selfishness. I have been neglecting my duties as a blogger. So, let's catch up. I have been in Groton, Connecticut for 4 weeks now; going to school, 'tooling' around on my computer, gorging on take out (the pizza here is to die for) and taking lots of naps. Life is good but soon it will change yet again.

At the end of the month I will be flying back to Hawaii to go to work on a boat, something I haven't done in three plus years. I am a bit bothered by the whole thing. I wouldn't go back, I would get out and live a normal life with a nine to five job but I am under contract and so the next two years of my life belong to the Navy. I have already done twelve years, I guess two more can't be too bad, right?

Groton, Connecticut. What can I say. The weather isn't all bad and the scenery is a nice change from sandy beaches and palm trees. And though I wish I could have seen some snow, I would have probably been in utter hell with heaven beside me, as the saying goes. Oh well, you take what you can get.

But now I am off to school again. There is this hideously, horrible hill I have to climb to get there. Gotta work off all that 'to die for' pizza, so I suppose its good for me. Maybe.

-Nosmo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! And the sandwiches out East! The Midwest doth sucketh much when it comes to culinary delights. Albeit the bar be que is good The rest of the food become homogenized and bland. Little Caesars is better than the pizza at an Italian restaurant out here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groton is a decent spot to be in the summer I used to go to Mystic sea port back in the day near there. It probably is worth being there for the pizza alone really.

    ReplyDelete