Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good Morning Earth

I have had my head in the clouds for a while now. I think it's time to come back down, at least for a half a day so I can get some important errands done. It isn't easy, I'll tell you. From a perspective of reality my little world of contentment is getting overhauled. Not a good feeling. I have been high on love and that has kept my mind at peace but today I think I will have to come back down and get real. It's like slipping into a bath of ice water.

I was talking to my girl, my angel, my love just last night and we were discussing how 'twitter-pated' we were and how hard it has become to focus on day to day life. I'll tell you, yesterday, I don't even think I can remember yesterday. I can remember a few key things but the majority of it is a blur.

People tell me I'm being rash, going through a phase, a midlife crisis, and I suppose that's all true. But that doesn't make it any less real. Nor does it make it any easier to stay focused.

Love, like depression, is all in your head, or your heart I suppose, and so I guess that because it's not a tangible thing, to those who haven't got it, for those standing on the outside, it seems so easy to will away. It's ill-logical and therefore if one were to only apply logic, one could best this mental illness called love. But I'm here to tell you from a perspective of a person that has loved, battled depression and struggled against addiction, these things, as intangible and ill-logical as they may seem are as real as the earth you walk upon. Simple Jedi mind tricks don't make them go away.

There is a reason we have terms such as 'love sick', 'madly in love'. Love isn't any different then depression, stress or addiction, though it is more enjoyable at times. Love, my friends, is an illness. I have this illness and there is no cure. It's an illness and it's as real as any other.

So, today I will try to come back down but I'm afraid it's out of my hands. I can only wish for a focused day. Then again, maybe I don't wish for that. I am sick but I am also high on love. I'm not sure I want to wish that away for any length of time.

-Nosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment